- The mascot has to be relevant (or irrelevant)
- If you submit a drawing, submit it in JPG format, with an explanation of why
- Feel free to submit more then one, each with it's own explanation
- If you are not drawing, you can send a photographic interpretation, with explanation
- In lieu of drawing or photographing, send an in-depth description of what the mascot should be and why.
- Submit all entries with your name and home town, in email to SpidErichMan@aol.com, with a subject line of: "Every College Needs a Mascot, Contest"
All entries must be received before May 31st, 2006. Then (depending on how may good entries I get) I will pick the top three and allow my readers to vote on who, or what, the new mascot for C-M University will be. This should be interesting. I will feature all submissions eventually on their own separate page.
As far as the artwork in this strip, I am pretty proud of myself. Not only is it entertainingly simple, but also the characters are actually ON MODEL in the first and fifth panels. I will admit that I had some fun coloring them in, picking the official school colors (blue and silver, in case you missed it). I realize that there are plenty of spelling errors in this strip as well. I completely forgot to run my dialogue through word, and I didn't notice until posting the strip, and I am too lazy to go back and correct it now. So look for a special edition of this strip before announcing the winner of the contest. I wonder what the Mascot for the Chronic Bed-Wetters would have been anyway?